March 3, 2019
As many newly engaged couples quickly realize as they dream about their wedding, weather is unpredictable. When deciding on your venue, you have three choices;
1) Choose a venue that only has outdoor ceremony options, cross your fingers that the weather will work out.
2) Choose a venue that only has indoor ceremony options and don’t think twice about the weather.
3) Find a venue that can help you plan for the outdoor ceremony, but prep for the indoor one just incase the weather does not cooperate.
Luckily, there are so many wonderful options around Lancaster and Central PA that you will definitely be able to find the perfect option for you and you should definitely head into your day fully informed 🙂
When Kevin and I got married… one million years ago… we chose and outdoor only venue. Thankfully it worked out perfectly but it certainly added a huge amount of stress leading up to the wedding.
Just this past summer we spent back to back weekends photographing two beautiful weddings at Lakefield Weddings in Manheim, PA. The first weekend although Rachel and Nathan had planned an outdoor ceremony, mother nature had other plans and it rained almost the entire weekend. The second weekend, it was sunny and hot (I’m talking 90 degrees). Two very different experiences, same location.
We wanted to share some of our favorite images from each wedding for those of you looking to book Lakefield Weddings as your venue, so you can already start to picture your wedding day… rain or shine.
Up first, Rachel and Nathan, the happiest rainy-day bride and groom I have ever met 🙂
Making sure the bride and groom don’t see each other before the wedding!
A few facts about Lakefield Weddings:
- Up to 225 guests
- Two separate spaces where the bridal party can get ready (but you should know that only one of the spaces has airconditioning)
- The barn is wheelchair accessible
- Two gorgeous lakes on the property
- BYOB – check with Lakefield Weddings about the alcohol policy
- Another good thing to note is that the barn is not air conditioned or heated. In the summer, the lack of AC has to potential to make for a very warm indoor reception. Happily, the barn doors can be opened to allow fresh air and we have seen some monster sized fans used (I believe those fans belong to Lakefield Weddings) which helped to make the heat bearable.
As I mentioned, the following weekend temperatures were in the mid to upper 90’s. So it was HOT!
Laura and Seth didn’t seem to be bothered by the heat 🙂
Probably one of my favorite send-offs ever! Lantern send off on the lake… so gorgeous.